1. I have no plans this weekend, other than a brief shift at work on Sunday. I rather like that. I traded Saturday next week for Halloween, so should I find a party to go to on the day itself, I can. The only thing I really want to do is sleep and write at least 3-5K on whichever Inception bigbang fic actually starts talking to me.
2. OMG, MY INCEPTION BB IS KILLING ME. I can't decide on what to write, and anything I try comes out wrong! I've written the starts of six different fics, I shit you not, and I am hating it. I don't know where any of it is going, or what I can do to fix it, and it's driving me insane. Just when I think I've worked out what I'm going to do, it DIES. ;_; I FAIL AT LIFE AND ALSO INCEPTION. Watch me as I weep
3. I am so stupidly obsessed with this video of Joseph Gordon-Levitt singing Bad Romance
, I can't even BEGIN to tell you. It's even better when you realize that he changed the French lyrics to something rather naughty: (roughly) I want to fuck you and then I want to fucking leave you/fuck off. And he points out the Hitchcock references! :D IT IS AWESOME AND HE IS AWESOME AND YOU SHOULD BE AWESOME AND WATCH IT.
4. I have pre-ordered the Inception DVD and the Sherlock (BBC) series, because I am a fucking fangirl who fangasms. My bank account, it cries.
5. Okay, so there's this girl, woman, whatever, at work right? And everyone has that one coworker that they just can't stand, right? SHE DRIVES ME INSANE. I used to eat at the restaurant I work at all the time, and I HATED having her, because she is the worst. Waitress. On. The fucking. Planet. She touches everything, is obnoxious, and then is somehow surprised when she gets bad tips. I have a (girl)friend who, every time we go anywhere together, people assuming I'm dating, IDK why. (Why yes, ravenclaw_wench
, I'm talking about you, Jesus Christ.) Anyway, we went out to eat together, and she treated us worse than usual, and she gave us dirty looks and really, I'm a good tipper. Anyone who regularly waits on me knows this. My flat tip is three dollars no matter how little I order, and I then add a dollar for every ten that I spend. And for once in my fucking life, I tipped someone less than that. I gave her a really, really shitty tip. Because her stupidity? Was really fucking obvious. And it pissed me off.
Anyway, so I now work with her, and she seems to have forgotten about it, but I saw her when the cute lesbian couple with the baby comes in (and they have not, sadly, returned) and I deal with her everyday and -- just no. She calls me babe and baby and sugar and sweetheart, and while I don't mind usually - I rather like it, actually - that's when I actually like the person talking to me. I don't like her one bit, and it comes across as condescending rather than affectionate, which we both know it isn't. It drives me insane. And between her being awful at her job, her being a bitchy waitress, and her constantly commenting on how much I do or don't eat - like it's any of her fucking business that I'm a stick, okay, and I am so fucking tired of people I don't know or like accusing me of having eating disorders I don't have, SAJFIEOA;NFEA;H.
Oh my gods, I did not mean to let that rant get away from me.
(The thing is, I'm actually kind of sensitive about the eating thing because, all through childhood to the present, everyone has something to say about how skinny I am. I've had complete strangers give me the 'It's okay to eat a burger/don't you eat more than salad/don't they feed you, lol/have you considered help speech(es) and it's just. It's one of my hot button issues, okay? I am not even that thin - I weigh a hundred pounds, alright, and I have hips and a sizable bust and all. I eat at least two meals a day and I get my nutritional requirements, and so what if I absolutely hate fast food? It literally makes me sick. And anyway, I used to eat four full meals a day and snacks and so on and WAS STILL HUNGRY, and while my Ten Weeks of Crazy episode kind of trashed my metabolism, I still have days like that.)
Okay, I'm shutting up now. Jesus Christ. Um.
ETA: It's not that I'm not sympathetic to people who DO have eating disorders, it's just - I didn't appreciate being told that there was something wrong with me growing up, because, quite frankly, I got enough of that shit at home, thanks very much. Not the eating disorder bit, but the There's Something Wrong With You bit.